REGARDING PICKUP OF BULKY HOUSEHOLD ITEMS
The City of Montclair, through Burrtec Waste Industries, Inc., offers a residential bulky item pickup program, subject to the following guidelines:
- Each calendar year, households within the City of Montclair are allowed two (2) bulky item pickups.
- Bulky items may include the following household items: kitchen appliances, discarded furniture, tables, chairs, old mattresses and other bulky household items.
- Items prohibited from disposal through the bulky-item pickup program include construction materials and construction debris and household hazardous and/or electronic waste such as tires, vehicle fluids & filters, unused paint and solvents, batteries, unused propane tanks, computers, televisions, microwave ovens and other similar materials and/or items.
- Up to five (5) large household items may be placed in the alleyway for pickup no more than two (2) times per calendar year.
- Schedule all bulky item pickups for the same day as your regularly scheduled trash service by calling Burrtec Waste Industries, Inc. at (909) 429-4200.
- Bulky items can be placed in the alleyway area for pickup no sooner than 24-hours prior to your regularly scheduled trash service day.
PLEASE NOTE: Hazardous and/or electronic waste items (including, but not limited to, tires, vehicle fluids & filters, paint, batteries, propane tanks, computers, televisions, microwaves, and other similar materials and/or items cannot be picked up by Burrtec Waste Company. These items must be disposed at a hazardous waste collection center. The locations of the nearest hazardous waste collection centers are listed the attached page.
If you have any question or concerns regarding the contents of this notice, please feel free to contact the Code Enforcement Unit at (909) 625-9477, Monday through Thursday, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.