Election Notices (Candidates & Measures)
- Election Calendar (PDF)
- Notice of Election (PDF)
- Notice of Extension of Nomination Filing Period for Council Member (PDF)
- Secretary of State's Random Alphabet Drawing (PDF) - To Be Posted
- Notice of Nominees (PDF) - To Be Posted
- Notice to Voters of Date After Which No Arguments For or Against City Measure May be Submitted to the City Clerk (PDF)
- County Assignment of Local Measure Letters (PDF)
Open Seats for the Montclair City Council
- Council Member (2 seats) - Full terms of 4 years each
- Council Member (1 seat) - Partial term of 2 years
If you would like to run for elective office, please call the City Clerk's Office at (909) 625-9416 or email email@example.com to make an appointment with the City Clerk to be issued nomination documents during the filing period and for a candidate orientation (appointments may last from 1-2 hours). Due to COVID-19 health and safety precautions, in-person appointments must be made at least one day in advance (Monday appointments can be requested on the prior Thursday). Remote orientation appointments are another option that can be arranged via telephone or ZOOM. More details can be found on the Candidate Resources page.
The below PDF lists the names of persons who have been officially issued nomination papers by the City Clerk listed in the order in which papers were pulled.
List of Potential & Qualified Candidates (PDF) - This document is updated throughout the nomination period(s).
Nomination Filing Period
- Nomination Filing Period: July 13 through August 6, 2020, at 6:00 p.m.
- Extended Filing Period*: July 13 through August 12, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- Write-In Candidate Filing Period: September 7 through October 27, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
*The extended filing period goes into effect for an office if the current incumbent of that particular office does not file nomination papers by the close of the regular nomination filing period. A notice will be posted on August 7, 2020, if the filing period for an office is extended. Please check here or on the Public Notices section of the website for the notice. The notice will also be published in the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.
- List of Candidates and Contact Information (PDF) - This document will be posted after the close of the Nomination Period after candidates qualify to appear on the ballot.
10-Day Viewing Period During Which the Public May Review Candidate Statements
- August 7 to August 16, 2020
- August 13 to August 22, 2020 (for extended filing period)
Statements will be posted online during the viewing period, but may also be viewed in-person on an appointment basis during City Hall's normal business hours (Monday - Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.) by calling the City Clerk's Office at (909) 625-9416. Photocopies may be requested from the Elections Official at a charge of 10 cents per page.
Candidate Statements will be posted here after the close of the 10-day viewing period, except for those with changes being sought through action of the court.
Council Member (Full Term) Candidates
- First, Last (PDF) - To Be Posted
Council Member (Partial Term) Candidates
- First, Last (PDF) - To Be Posted
Council Candidates' Forum
- Time - To Be Determined
- Location - To Be Determined
Measures on the Ballot
Visit the San Bernardino County Elections Office website for information related to polling and voting center locations, voter guides, and information for candidates for County-elected offices; and to view the Weekly Report of Voter Registration (Montclair's report can be found on page 14 of the 137-page document).
Election Results - November 3, 2020
The below links will redirect to the San Bernardino County Elections Office website. After the election, Montclair's results will be found under "City Offices."
- Election Results Explanation and Posting Schedule - To Be Posted
- Live Election Results (County-wide) - To Be Posted
- Election Results for Montclair (PDF) - To Be Posted