New process for 2018-19 Montclair to College coming
soon. Check back for further updates.
- The Montclair to College program (Originally Online to College) was founded in 1998 to increase the college-going rates of students in the City of Montclair.
- The original Online to College program was available only to students enrolled in 5th grade classes at three elementary schools (Lehigh, Monte Vista, Kingsley).
- The program was created to expose students to college experiences, cultures, and opportunities.
The Montclair to College Program
- In 2014, Montclair to College (MTC) was launched in partnership with the Montclair Community foundation, City of Montclair, Chaffey College and Chaffey Joint Union High School District
- MTC grants 9th grade students at Montclair High School the opportunity to be eligible to receive a Chaffey College scholarship and in addition to participating in program activities.
- Students must reapply every year, and meet yearly and graduation requirements
- Throughout each school year they will have opportunities to attend Montclair to College workshops.
- The Montclair to College program offers: two-years of funding to attend Chaffey College, educational support, resources, and real-life experiences.
- Montclair to College students participate in Chaffey College campus tours, college workshops, classroom visits, and community activities.
The Montclair to College Scholarship promises to pay eligible students educational expenses (not covered by Financial Aid)*. The Montclair to College Scholarship includes:
- Chaffey College Tuition (2 years)
- Student Fees
*Based on available funding
Students are required to complete the following to be eligible for the Montclair to College Scholarship:
- Enroll in the Montclair to College Program every academic year at Montclair High School (An email will be sent to all 9th grade MHS students, and all MTC students in 10th, 11th and 12th grades).
- Maintain continuous and uninterrupted enrollment at Montclair High School from the 9th grade through 12th grade.
- Successfully graduate from Montclair High School earning a 2.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Complete a minimum of 5 hours of community service each year and submit the community service form to the City of Montclair.
- Attend required Montclair to College activities.
- Apply for Federal Student Financial Aid during your 12th grade year at Montclair High School every year thereafter while eligible for the MTC Scholarship.
Enrolling and Reapplying
An email will be sent to all eligible MHS students with the application link and instructions every academic year.
Learn the Keys to Success
- Montclair to College Students are given the tools necessary to succeed in school and in life.
- Parents/ Guardians are encouraged to participate with their student(s) in the program.
- Throughout the year the program will host workshops available to parents providing valuable information on guiding students through high school, the transition to college, financial aid and transfer opportunities.
Accepting the Montclair to College Scholarship
- The Montclair to College Scholarship recipients will be invited to attend a graduation ceremony in April at the Montclair City Council Chambers.
- After graduating from Montclair High School, students must accept the scholarship and enroll at Chaffey College the fall semester immediately following graduation.
If you have any questions about Montclair to College please contact Quaresha Fields at the Montclair Youth Center, 909-625-9486 or QFields@cityofmontclair.org