Attention Montclair Community

Effective immediately, and until rescinded, dine–in restaurants within the City of Montclair will be allowed to temporarily create or expand al fresco (outdoor) dining areas notwithstanding any preexisting limitations imposed under the Montclair Municipal Code. This City of Montclair Community Guidance is based on provisions of Dine–In Restaurants Guidance issued by the California Department of Public Health updated on Thursday, July 2, 2020 and Guidance on Closures of Sectors in Response to Covid–19 by Governor Newsom and the California Department of Public Health published on July 1, 2020.


In efforts to provide more testing opportunities for San Bernardino County residents, community testing events are being held throughout the county. At these testing events, samples are collected by inserting a swab up the nostril or into the mouth to the throat. These samples are then sent to a laboratory for COVID-19 testing. Events are free of charge and do not require health insurance.


On May 14, 2020, the County of San Bernardino launched the COVID-Compliant Business Partnership Program to support local small businesses and help ensure ongoing compliance with State and County health orders and direction.

For more information, visit:



Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

faqWhere is the Montclair Police Department located?

The Montclair Police Department is located at 4870 Arrow Highway, Montclair, CA 91763. We are located on the northwest corner of Monte Vista Avenue and Arrow Highway. Our business office hours are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. The business office is closed on City-observed holidays.


When should I call 911?

You should call 911 to report crimes that are in-progress, medical emergencies, traffic accidents, fires, or any suspicious conduct that could indicate criminal activity.

How do I report a crime that is not currently in-progress?

All calls for an officer to respond, including the reporting of a crime that is not in-progress, should be made to our Dispatch Center by calling the non-emergency phone number at (909) 621-4771. All requests for information, copies of reports, or to speak to a specific employee should be made through the business office at (909) 448-3600. You may also visit the Police Department business office at 4870 Arrow Highway, Montclair.

Does the Montclair Police Department have a Neighborhood Watch Program?

The Montclair Police Department does not have a Neighborhood Watch Program, but encourages neighborhoods that establish their own programs by providing guest speakers and crime prevention literature upon request. To arrange for a speaker or literature call (909) 448-3601.

I would like to arrange to have applicants for employment at my business be fingerprinted before I hire them. What do I need to do to arrange this?

You will need to contact the California Department of Justice Applicant Fingerprint Unit in Sacramento to obtain the necessary paperwork to arrange for your company to be set up to do this. Forms and information can be obtained on the California Attorney General website.

I need to find out if someone who was arrested in Montclair is still in custody. Who should I call?

The Montclair Police Department does not maintain a jail facility. Information about the custody status of adults booked into jail following an arrest by the Montclair Police Department can be obtained by calling West Valley Detention Center at (909) 350-2476. West Valley Detention Center is located at 9500 Etiwanda Avenue in Rancho Cucamonga.

Juveniles may, based on violation and circumstances, be booked into custody at the San Bernardino County Juvenile Hall. The facility is located at 900 E. Gilbert, San Bernardino, CA , and the telephone number is (909) 387-6900.

How can I obtain a copy of my arrest record?

California Penal Code Sections 13320 - 13323 allows individuals to request a summary list of their arrests from individual law enforcement agencies. An individual may only request his/her own arrest information. Requests for summary information about the arrests of other individuals will not be processed.

Refer to the Records Bureau section of this website for additional information.

How can I find out if I am wanted on a warrant?

The best way to find out if you are wanted is to visit or contact the court in the city or county in which you think you may be wanted. If you come to the police department, you will be assisted by a police officer. You may be arrested if you are, in fact, found to be a wanted person.

How do I obtain a restraining order?

Contact your local court for assistance in obtaining a restraining order. After receiving a restraining order, take a copy of it to the police agencies where you and other persons protected under the restraining order work, live, or attend schools so that a copy of the restraining order can be maintained on file with those agencies. You should also keep a copy of the restraining order with you at all times.

How can I obtain a copy of a crime or collision report?

Written requests, along with a check or money order for $1 per report, may be dropped off or mailed to the Police Department business office at:

Montclair Police Department
Attention Records Bureau
P.O. Box 2308
Montclair, CA 91763

Refer to the Records Bureau section of this website for additional information.

My vehicle was impounded. How do I get it back?

Release forms for stored, impounded, or recovered stolen vehicles may be obtained from the Police Department business office between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. daily. Proof of current ownership, registration, and a valid driver's license are required. Vehicles are released to the registered owner pursuant to applicable provisions of law.

Refer to the Records Bureau section of this website for additional information.

A friend was driving my vehicle and the police impounded it and are holding it 30 days. Why?

Vehicle Code Section 14602.6(a) requires that law enforcement officers impound a vehicle for 30 days when the vehicle is being driven by an unlicensed driver. It is the responsibility of a vehicle owner to ensure that anyone who drives his/her vehicle has a valid driver's license.

The Police Department is in possession of my property. How can I get my property back?

Property release is by appointment only. You may contact the Property Clerk at (909) 448-3651 to arrange an appointment. If the Property Clerk is not available, leave a message with your report number so that your phone call may be returned and an appointment made. Property room hours: Monday-Wednesday 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, Thursday 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm.

My vehicle was repossessed. What do I do now?

Contact the lien holder of the vehicle to arrange for the release of your vehicle. The lien holder may refer you to the Police Department to pay a $15 processing fee. Upon payment of the fee you will be issued a receipt by the Police Department. You must then show this receipt to the lien holder.

I received a "fix-it" ticket. How can I have it signed off?

Citations may be brought to the Police Department along with proof of correction during regular business hours 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. There is a $10 fee charged for this service for Montclair residents or for citations issued by the Montclair Police Department. A $15 fee is charged to non-residents and for citations issued by another law enforcement agency.

I received a parking ticket. Where can I pay for it?

Payments for parking citations may be made directly to the Parking Enforcement Center by check or money order payable to Montclair Police Department at P.O. Box 3214, Milwaukee, WI  53701-3214. Enforcement Technology can be reached at (866) 353-7160. Payments may also be made on-line at

Refer to the Records Bureau section of this website for additional information.

I received an invoice for alarm activations at my residence. Why am I billed?

The City of Montclair has determined that regulation of alarm systems and false alarms is necessary and has adopted regulations pertaining to alarm systems and their activation. These regulations are codified in Section 4.12 of the Montclair Municipal Code and include provisions for billing for excessive false alarm activations resulting in a police response. The current fee is $50 for the fourth and each subsequent false alarm activation annually. A determination is made that an alarm activation is a false alarm when responding officers find no signs of entry or attempted entry indicating a crime has occurred.