All fireworks are dangerous and illegal in the City of Montclair and its sphere of influence.

All fireworks are dangerous and illegal in the City of Montclair and its sphere of influence.

Examples of illegal fireworks include, but are not limited to, bottle rockets, firecrackers, torpedoes, roman candles, skyrockets, sparklers, piccolo petes, pagotas, fountains, pin wheels, and snakes, including those described as "safe and sane fireworks."

The City enforces a Zero Tolerance Fireworks Program (Ordinance No. 05-865); violators may be issued a fine up to $1,000.


In efforts to provide more testing opportunities for San Bernardino County residents, community testing events are being held throughout the county. At these testing events, samples are collected by inserting a swab up the nostril or into the mouth to the throat. These samples are then sent to a laboratory for COVID-19 testing. Events are free of charge and do not require health insurance.


On May 14, 2020, the County of San Bernardino launched the COVID-Compliant Business Partnership Program to support local small businesses and help ensure ongoing compliance with State and County health orders and direction.

For more information, visit:



Traffic Collisions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Traffic Incident Reporting

AdobeStock_216610304To report a traffic accident with injuries or if injuries are unknown, call 9-1-1.
To report a traffic accident without injury call (909) 621-4771.
To report a traffic signal or railroad crossing arm malfunctioning, call (909) 621-4771. To report all other in-progress traffic-related emergencies, call 9-1-1.

To report general traffic-related problems, call the TRAFFIC HOTLINE at (909) 445-1803.


Traffic Collision Reports

Copies of traffic collision reports are available to involved parties, their insurance company, or legal representative at the currently established fee. Written requests in the form of a letter or report request form (including the report or incident number), along with a check or money order for $1 per report or call for service record may be mailed to:

Montclair Police Department
Attention: Records Bureau
P.O. Box 2308
Montclair, CA 91763

If authorized, a copy of the record will be mailed within ten days of receipt of the request.

Related Links

California Highway Patrol

Department of Motor Vehicles

California Vehicle Code

California Courts-Self Help Center

San Bernardino County Courts

Department of Transportation

Cal Trans Inland Empire Traffic