The City of Montclair Environmental Compliance Division is committed to providing efficient and cost effective
environmental compliance services. We aim to provide prompt customer service for the community while working to enhance quality of life within the City. Montclair works in conjunction with the Inland Empire Utilities Agency (IEUA) to implement federal and state requirements for
commercial and industrial wastewater discharges. The Environmental Compliance Division conducts inspection and compliance programs that ensure our ability to enforce all applicable regulations.
The goal of our program is to obtain regulatory compliance thru inspection and education of our residents and business owners about the importance of environmental stewardship.
The City of Montclair Environmental Compliance Division works to provide excellent service to our residential and commercial customers thru:
- Sewer Service - The Public Works Department is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the sewer collection system.
- Wastewater Pre-treatment - In collaboration with Inland Empire Utilities Agency, the City maintains compliance with federal and state wastewater requirements through the implementation of the pre-treatment program by working together with commercial users.
- Waste reduction/Pollution Prevention Methods
- Commercial Recycling Programs - AB 341 and AB 1826
City of Montclair Environmental Compliance Division
5111 Benito Street
Montclair, CA 91763
SSMP Development Plan and Development Schedule (SSMP)
The City of Montclair Engineering and Public Works Division was required to develop a Sanitary Sewer Management Plan (SSMP) per the State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) Order No. 2006-0003, Statewide General Waste Discharge Requirements for Sanitary Sewer Systems (Order No. 06-03). The City of Montclair’s SSMP was adopted by Resolution No. 07-2717 of the Montclair City Council on November 5th, 2007, and recertified on November 3, 2014 by Resolution No. 14-3055.
- City of Montclair Sewer System Management Plan