Environmental Compliance Division
The Environmental Compliance Division oversees a number of environmental programs that both educate our residents and business owners about the importance of environmental stewardship and ensure regulatory compliance. Montclair works in conjunction with the Inland Empire Utilities Agency (IEUA) to implement federal and state requirements for commercial and industrial wastewater discharges.
The responsibilities of the Environmental Compliance Division include:
- Implementation of a wastewater pre-treatment program in collaboration with IEUA
- Conducting FOG (fats, oils, and grease) inspections
- Educating residents and business owners about waste reduction and pollution prevention
- Implementation of commercial recycling programs
- Responding to sewer connection inquires
SSMP Development Plan and Development Schedule (SSMP)
The City of Montclair Engineering and Public Works Division was required to develop a Sanitary Sewer Management Plan (SSMP) per the State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) Order No. 2006-0003, Statewide General Waste Discharge Requirements for Sanitary Sewer Systems (Order No. 06-03). The City of Montclair’s SSMP was adopted by Resolution No. 07-2717 of the Montclair City Council on November 5th, 2007, and recertified on November 3, 2014 by Resolution No. 14-3055.
- City of Montclair Sewer System Management Plan
|Environmental Compliance Coordinator|
|Office: (909) 625-9446|