I Would Like To Apply For

  • Apply/ Sign Up

    • Can I e-mail my employment application?

      No, original application and signature are required for employment applications
    • Can I fax my employment application?

      No, an original application and signature is required for all employment applications submitted.
    • Do you accept interest cards for employment?

      Yes, interest cards are available at City Hall.
    • Do I need a permit for a swimming pool or spa?

      Yes, a building permit is required for in-ground and above-ground projects. Contact the Building Division at (909) 625-9477 for details.
    • Do I need a permit for my business sign?

      Yes. Permits may be obtained from the Planning and Building Divisions during regular counter hours, Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Only a licensed sign contractor or the property owner may obtain sign permits.
    • How can I find out if a certain type of business is permitted at a specific location in Montclair?

      It is highly recommended that you contact the Planning Division at (909) 625-9477 before making any commitment, financial or otherwise, to open a business in Montclair for the purpose of determining if your business is permitted at the location you have identified.
    • How can I get a parking permit?

      Residential parking zones on City streets are established in certain areas of the City where there is a high demand for parking but a limited number of parking spaces.  The intent of residential parking zones is to give residents in that area, or residents on one side of a street, parking in front of their homes.  If you live in an area with residential parking restrictions, you may obtain a parking permit or permits by going to the information counter at City Hall.  You must show your driver's license proving that you live at a location within the parking zone and copies of vehicle registrations showing that the vehicles are registered at that address.

      Contact City Hall at (909) 626-8571 for information about the types of permits available and the requirements for their issuance. 

    • I am interested in opening a business in Montclair. What types of permits do I need before I open?

      The permits required depend upon the type of business proposed. Most applications for new businesses can be processed administratively by staff. This involves completing specific forms describing the type of business activity and location, obtaining approval by Planning Division staff, and obtaining a business license. However, some businesses require more extensive review and additional entitlements, such as a Conditional Use Permit (CUP), prior to opening. Business activities that are subject to the more intensive review include stores or restaurants that sell alcoholic beverages, massage establishments, adult-oriented businesses, vehicle or watercraft dealers with outdoor display areas, video arcades and Internet access establishments (commonly known as cyber cafés). To determine the process for establishing your business in Montclair, please contact the Planning Division at (909) 625-9477.
    • I want to build a fence in my yard. Do I need to obtain a building permit first?

      Yes, building permits are required for all fences and walls regardless of height. The Zoning Code governs the height of fences and walls, depending upon their location on the property. For more information, contact the Planning and Building Divisions at (909) 625-9477.
    • I want to build a new house or remodel my existing house. What departments should I contact regarding my project?

      Contact the Planning and Building Divisions in the main lobby of City Hall or by calling (909) 625-9477.
    • I want to volunteer to work with animals.

      Contact the Inland Valley Humane Society at: 

      500 Humane Way, Pomona, California, 91766
      Phone: (909) 623-9777
      Fax: (909) 623-0432
      E-mail: ivhs1@yahoo.com

      24-Hour Emergency Line: (909) 594-9858

      Business Office Hours

      Monday and Tuesday:
      8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
      8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
      Thursday through Saturday:
      8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

      Kennel Hours

      Monday and Tuesday:
      10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
      10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
      Thursday through Saturday:
      10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.


    • Tell me about Fair Housing program.

      HUD's Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity has created a National Fair Housing Training Academy that will help curb housing discrimination by strengthening enforcement of the nation's fair housing laws. More than 500 fair housing investigators will undergo training through the academy, which will include courses in investigation and conciliation techniques, fair housing case management, and civil rights law.

      For more information contact the Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity (FHEO) at (800) 669-9777.

      Or visit their website at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/fair_housing_equal_opp

    • There is a property in my neighborhood that is not maintained and I’m worried that it will affect property values. Can anything be done?

      Please contact the Code Enforcement Division at (909) 447-3557.
    • Who do I contact to obtain a license to sell alcoholic beverages at my place of business?

      The Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) issues licenses for on-premises and off-premises sale of alcoholic beverages in the State of California.


      Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control

      3737 Main Street, Suite 900

      Riverside, CA 92501

      (951) 782-4400


      Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control Homepage

      However, prior to any business in the City of Montclair engaging in the sale of alcoholic beverages, a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) shall be reviewed and approved by the Planning Commission. You may download and print the CUP application. Information on additional submittal requirements is available from the Planning Division.