Attention Montclair Community

Effective immediately, and until rescinded, dine–in restaurants within the City of Montclair will be allowed to temporarily create or expand al fresco (outdoor) dining areas notwithstanding any preexisting limitations imposed under the Montclair Municipal Code. This City of Montclair Community Guidance is based on provisions of Dine–In Restaurants Guidance issued by the California Department of Public Health updated on Thursday, July 2, 2020 and Guidance on Closures of Sectors in Response to Covid–19 by Governor Newsom and the California Department of Public Health published on July 1, 2020.


In efforts to provide more testing opportunities for San Bernardino County residents, community testing events are being held throughout the county. At these testing events, samples are collected by inserting a swab up the nostril or into the mouth to the throat. These samples are then sent to a laboratory for COVID-19 testing. Events are free of charge and do not require health insurance.


On May 14, 2020, the County of San Bernardino launched the COVID-Compliant Business Partnership Program to support local small businesses and help ensure ongoing compliance with State and County health orders and direction.

For more information, visit:


I Would Like To Apply For

Expand/Contract Questions and Answers

  • Can I e-mail my employment application?

  • Can I fax my employment application?

  • Do you accept interest cards for employment?

  • When I call 9-1-1 for a medical emergency, why does an engine arrive in addition to an ambulance?

  • Are there athletic or fitness programs for adults?

  • Are visitors of the subscribing member and businesses covered?

  • Do I need a permit for a swimming pool or spa?

  • Do I need a permit for my business sign?

  • Do you have programs for children?

  • How can I find out if a certain type of business is permitted at a specific location in Montclair?

  • How can I get a parking permit?

  • How do I apply for the Paramedic Subscription Program?

  • I am interested in opening a business in Montclair. What types of permits do I need before I open?

  • I want to build a fence in my yard. Do I need to obtain a building permit first?

  • I want to build a new house or remodel my existing house. What departments should I contact regarding my project?

  • I want to start or join a neighborhood watch.

  • I want to volunteer to work with animals.

  • If I decide not to join the Paramedic Subscription Program, what are the charges for the Emergency Medical Services provided by the Montclair Fire Department?

  • Is my ambulance ride to the hospital covered?

  • Tell me about athletic or fitness programs for children.

  • Tell me about Fair Housing program.

  • There is a property in my neighborhood that is not maintained and I’m worried that it will affect property values. Can anything be done?

  • What is the City phone number?

  • What is the Paramedic Subscription Program?

  • Where can I get CPR classes?

  • Where can I get first aid classes?

  • Who do I contact to obtain a license to sell alcoholic beverages at my place of business?

  • Who is covered if I subscribe to the Paramedic Program?

  • Who is eligible to join the Paramedic Subscription Program?

  • Will I be responsible for any of the charges if I become a Paramedic Subscription Program subscriber?

  • Will the Fire Department still respond if I do not subscribe to the Paramedic Subscription Program?