The City of Montclair has launched a COVID-19 Community Recognition Awards program. Nominations are open to recognize residents, businesses and organizations for their outstanding efforts in the community during the unprecedented and challenging COVID-19 pandemic. Criteria based on nominees displaying one or all of the following:
- Positive community contribution
- Acts of kindness
- Providing an essential service
- Leadership and support within the community
Award recipients will be presented with a City Council Certificate of Recognition and a City pin. One award will be presented per month at a regular City Council meeting (occurrence may increase depending on interest from the community and participation level).
Nominees must be able to attend a live Zoom Council meeting to accept the award. Council meetings occur on the first and third Mondays of each month at 7:00 p.m.
Nominating entity/individual will be contacted for further details and instructions if their nominee is selected to receive the award.
Application to Nominate Award Recipient
- Must be nominated by the City or a business, nonprofit, agency, church, etc.
- Does not need to be a resident, but service must be in some way related to assisting the Montclair community during the past year to address the COVID-19 pandemic or other issues caused by it.
- City of Montclair employees, Council Members, Planning and Community Activities Commissioners, and any of those individuals' immediate family members are not eligible to be nominated for this recognition.