FAQ Topic: Public Works FAQs

How can I report graffiti?

Please report graffiti to the City by filling out this online form or calling the Public Works Operations Division at (909) 625-9480.

How can I get a Construction Permit?

Construction permit applications are only for work done on City property in the public right-of-way such as streets, sidewalks, and curbs. The application can be downloaded or collected in-person from the Public Works Engineering Department. For construction work in residential homes and private businesses, contact Building and Planning at (909) 625-9477.

Where can I get passport?

Please contact the United States Postal Service. The nearest local branch is located at 5186 Benito St, Montclair, CA 91763.

My water is brown and has residue in it! Who can I contact?

It is recommended that homeowners seek services from a licensed plumber who would be able to detect any underlying problems on the property such as corrosion and iron or lead residue from old pipes. Report the issue to the Public Works Operations Division using this form. In addition, homeowners may submit a report to Monte … Continued

Where can I report a pothole?

You can report potholes to the Public Works Operations Division online using this form. Please be detailed about the location and cross streets. Provide photos if possible.

Can I apply for a permit online?

Most permits are acquired in-person and over the counter at Montclair City Hall. Applicable fees are paid in-person by check, cash, or credit card. Building and Planning Permits (walk-ins): 7am-9am and 4pm-5:30p Engineering and Transportation Permits (by appointment): 7am-6pm Finance Counter: 7am-6pm

Close window