Why is there a recall election?
Due to a successful recall petition that obtained the requisite number of signatures, a special statewide election will take place on Tuesday, September 14, 2021, for the recall of Governor Gavin Newsom.
Voters will answer two questions on their ballot (this is an estimation, not an exact representation, of how the questions will appear on the ballot):
Additional Election Information
The below links will redirect to external websites.
County of San Bernardino
- County Website for Local Voting and Recall Election Information
Secretary of State
- Secretary of State's Website for Recall Election Information.
Virtual Events to Learn About Voting in the Recall Election
The County of San Bernardino Registrar of Voters is hosting virtual presentations on voting for the Recall Election throughout the month of August. You can view the schedule and sign up online.
Topics covered in the presentations include:
- Brief overview: What’s different in this recall election for California voters
- How voting works: 4 easy ways to vote
- Voting in-person
- How we’re ensuring the security of your ballot
- Details of our Voter Education Program campaign
- How to get involved and spread the word
- Key resources to tap
- Question and Answer session