FAQ Topic: Permits & Licensing

How do I schedule for a building inspection?

Inspection Request Line: (909) 625-9448 Inspections will be scheduled for the next day only if scheduled before 5:00 p.m. the day before. The City is closed every Friday. If an inspection request is called in on Thursday, the inspection will be scheduled for Monday.  

How can I get a Construction Permit?

Road Construction permit applications are only for work done on City property in the public right-of-way such as streets, sidewalks, driveway approaches, and curbs. The application can be downloaded or collected in-person from the Public Works Engineering Department. For construction work in residential homes and private businesses, contact Building and Planning at (909) 625-9477.

Where can I get passport?

Please contact the United States Postal Service. The nearest local branch is located at 5186 Benito St, Montclair, CA 91763.

Can I apply for a permit online?

Most permits are acquired in-person and over the counter at Montclair City Hall. Applicable fees are paid in-person by check, cash, or credit card. Building and Planning Permits (walk-ins): 7am-9am and 4pm-5:30p Engineering and Transportation Permits (by appointment): 7am-6pm Finance Counter: 7am-6pm

What kind of permit do I need to repair or upgrade my driveway approach?

Alterations of residential and commercial driveway approaches in the public right-of-way require a Construction permit. Fees will vary. Download a form and follow the instructions. You may email or hand deliver the form in-person to the Public Works Engineering Counter located at City Hall. Allow 10 days for processing. You will be contacted by staff … Continued

When is the Building & Planning and Public Works Engineering permit counter open?

Counter Hours Community Development Building & Planning Permits (preferred for walk-ins): Morning 7am to 9am Afternoon 4pm to 5:30pm All other hours, call for an appointment at (909) 625-9477 Public Works Engineering Permits (appointment preferred) 7am to 6pm Call for availability: (909) 625-9478 City Hall is open Monday through Thursday, except for most Federal Holidays. … Continued

How do I file for a liquor license?

The Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) issues licenses for on-premises and off-premises sale of alcoholic beverages in the State of California. Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control 3737 Main Street, Suite 900 Riverside, CA 92501 (951) 782-4400

How do I obtain a building permit?

Building permits are issued during the hours of 7:00 to 9:00 a.m. or 4:00 to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and other times by special appointment. Licensed Contractors In order for a permit to be issued to a licensed contractor, the following must be presented: Valid contractor’s license, pocket copy (not wall copy);  Proof of … Continued

Close window