About the City Clerk
The City Clerk is the local official who administers democratic processes such as elections, access to City records, and all legislative actions ensuring transparency to the public. The City Clerk acts as a compliance officer for federal, state, and local statutes including the Political Reform Act, the Brown Act, and the Public Records Act. The City Clerk manages public inquiries and relationships and arranges for ceremonial and official functions.
- Oversees the conduct of the City's general municipal elections.
- Publishes election notices.
- Processes candidates.
- Accepts and reviews petitions for local recalls, initiatives, and referendums.
- Is the Filing Officer for local campaign statements.
- Coordinates with the County of San Bernardino to improve access to elections and increase voter participation.
Local Legislation Auditor
- Maintains the City's Municipal Code in both digital and print formats.
- Publishes legal notices related to the local legislative process.
- Provide policy and procedure advice.
- Maintains the legislative record of the governing body of the City.
- Accept claims and other legal documents on behalf of the City.
- Administers the oath of office to the City's elected and appointed officials.
Political Reform Filing Officer/Official
- Serves as the Filing Official for Statements of Economic Interests (Form 700) of City Officials. (FPPC is the Filing Officer.)
- Serves as the Filing Officer for Statements of Economic Interests (Form 700) designated City employees.
- Serves as the Filing Officer for campaign expenditure statements for office holders, candidates, and committees.
Records & Archives
- Maintains and oversees the City's Records Management Program.
- Certifies copies of official records.
Public Inquiries & Relationships
- Provides information and assistance to the public.
- Facilitates response to Public Records Requests.
City Council and Staff Support Services
- Provides information and support to the City Council, City Manager, Department Heads, and staff.
- Prepares agendas and minutes of City Council meetings.
- Attends all City Council meetings and other meetings as required.