Bulky Item Pickup
The City of Montclair, through Burrtec Waste Industries, Inc., offers a residential bulky item pickup program, subject to the following guidelines:
- Each calendar year, households within the City of Montclair are allowed four (4) bulky item pickups.
- Bulky items may include the following household items: kitchen appliances, discarded furniture, tables, chairs, old mattresses and other bulky household items.
- Items prohibited from disposal through the bulky-item pickup program include construction materials and construction debris and household hazardous and/or electronic waste such as tires, vehicle fluids & filters, unused paint and solvents, batteries, unused propane tanks, computers, televisions, microwave ovens and other similar materials and/or items.
- Up to five (5) large household items may be placed in the alleyway for pickup no more than four (4) times per calendar year.
- Schedule all bulky item pickups for the same day as your regularly scheduled trash service by calling Burrtec Waste Industries, Inc. at (909) 620-1353.
- Bulky items can be placed in the alleyway area for pickup no sooner than 24 hours prior to your regularly scheduled trash service day.
Hazardous and Electronic Waste
Hazardous and/or electronic waste items (including, but not limited to, tires, vehicle fluids & filters, paint, batteries, propane tanks, computers, televisions, microwaves, and other similar materials and/or items) cannot be picked up by Burrtec. These items must be disposed at a hazardous waste collection center.
If you have any question or concerns, please feel free to contact the Code Enforcement Unit at (909) 625-9477 Monday through Thursday, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.