New Community Service requirements will be announced for the 2023-2024 school year.
Every MTC student is required to complete 20 hours of community service at a non-profit 501c3 organization by March 1 of 12th grade.
- Montclair to College defines community service as volunteer service at a non-profit organization, beyond the traditional classroom, that fosters civic or social responsibility for the benefit of the community that is neither paid for, graded, or punitive.
- Students are encouraged to complete their community service and submit the service form online prior to the deadline March 1st. No hard copies will be accepted.
Community Service Requirements
The information below is not intended to be an exhaustive list of what is acceptable or unacceptable community service. If you are unsure if the service you would like to complete is acceptable, prior to completing the community service, you are encouraged to contact the City of Montclair at MTC@montclaircf.org The Community Service Requirements include:
- 20 community service hours by March 1st of 12th grade
- Must be at a non-profit organization (501c3)
- Service must be outside of regular school hours
- Service cannot be completed at the High School
- Must be under the supervision of an adult who is not related to the student
- Students may volunteer for more than one organization
- Students are encouraged to serve in areas related to their personal interests
- For community service opportunities at the City of Montclair, please call 909-625-9486 or visit www.montclairtocollege.org
Community Service Form Requirements
- Community Service forms are not required, the supervisors email may be entered into the portal and the supervisor will be emailed requesting verification. It is the students responsibility to ensure the email verification is received from the supervisor.
- If the student chooses to complete a hard copy verification form, Community Service forms may be downloaded once you sign up to the MTC Enrollment Portal under the community service section
- Community service information must be submitted to the MTC Enrollment Portal by March 1st of 12th grade.
Examples of community service at non-profits that meet MTC requirements:
- Volunteering at the Montclair Community Garden or Fruit Park
- Assisting at City events such as the Country Fair Jamboree, Easter Eggstravaganza, or the Holiday Food Basket distribution
- Tutor middle or elementary school students
- Give music lessons
- Teach computer classes or social media classes for senior citizens
- Get involved in a civic cause, volunteer with local government offices